Saturday, 16 April 2011

Steiff by Gotz dolls Nadja and Nore

I love these two dolls. There are other dolls with the same face (e.g. Giselle, Leatrice, Katharina), but I prefer my Nadja and Nore dolls. Simply love them. They are Gotz dolls from the Steiff by Gotz collection 2006. All dolls from these collections feature a little golden earring in the left ear (just like the famous Steiff bears) and a Steiff bear (either as a bear or in some other form - handbags in this case). The bodies of these 19.5-inch (50 cm) dolls are all-vinyl and are identical to those of Sarah / Hannah and Winter dolls.

This is how they looked when they arrived. Nadja is on the left, Nore is on the right.




Then the dolls had a bath and changed into home clothes. And also they got new names. Nadja became Marta and Nore became Eleanore...





A bit later both dolls got new handmade outfits.

Eleanore (Nore) received a pair of pink jeans trousers made by me and a knitted blouse and a crochet handbag made by my mum.


And Marta (Nadja) got a pair of identical trousers and a blouse made by me.


4 comments:

  1. They are two beautiful dolls. Maybe just a little bit too serious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very beautiful dolls, where are they available from?
    I am new to dolls at (61)! and have my first Gotz doll Maria and hope to find her a friend one day.
    I joined Ravelry for knitting patterns and became addicted to dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the face sculpt of these dolls. I hope to have one in my collection soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the lovely comments! These gorgeous dolls are completely sold out but occasionally appear on ebay. That's where I found mine. Good luck in finding one!

    ReplyDelete